Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Entering the Field

Well I've only got ten minutes to talk. I finished my time at the MTC just fine. I got assigned my companion for the field. His name is Elder YaƱez. I'm in the Huaycan area right now. Apparently its kinda dangerous. I can see how. I won't describe it because you can just look on google maps. My new apartment is not the best quality, but I'll have to manage. I love hearing about things at the house, but your emails are quite detailed and take a while to read, so I just have to skim them. Maybe just write a tiny bit less so I have more time to write to the rest of you. I'm actually starting to stress a little bit because this area isn't quite what I imagined my mission would be, so it's a bit overwhelming. I miss you and and am sorry I didn't have time to read your emails. One of the upsides to this mission though is we have a lady that cooks lunch and dinner for us everyday, so that's kinda nice. I met my mission president and he's a very nice man. I hope you are all doing well back home. I think I'm kind of in a shock right now. I can't quite think straight. My Spanish is improving, but it's still a struggle. I love you all. Keep reading the Book of Mormon at night. Have a good week!

-Elder White
 
 McKay with President and Sister Armoto.

 With his companion Elder Yanez.
 
 McKay's group fresh from the MTC.

 His group and all their companions.

 This picture was text to me by a friend of mine.  She got quite the surprise when she received a letter and picture from her nephew to find McKay standing right next to him!  Her nephew is Elder Blake and is standing to the left of McKay.  This was taken just before McKay left the MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment